[midPoint] new to IAMs -- general usage question

Jon V sito.org at gmail.com
Wed Nov 4 19:01:47 CET 2015

On Wed, Nov 4, 2015 at 3:00 AM, <midpoint-request at lists.evolveum.com> wrote:

> Hi Jon,
> Main question is what do you want to achievr. :
> - do you want to manage existing users repositories across applications
> (with all those audits and reconciliations) - hence identity management?
> - or do you want to manage realtime access of users to the applications
> (with on the fly evaluation of risk profile etc)  -  hence access
> management?
>
> MidPoint is very strong and suitable for the first case. For second case,
> there are others systems in IAM ecosystem, like Apereo's CAS
>
> Regards, Petr Gašparík

thank you for your response, petr.  i guess it would be more the _second_
case for me, controlling access to the application (based on users).
 eventually we might get a more complex userbase that would involve more of
the first kind of activity, but not to begin with.  to start, i think it is
more on the "A" in "IAM" as i am understanding it.

thanks for your suggestion of CAS... i will check it out.

-jon