[midPoint] copy of mail notification

Pavol Mederly mederly at evolveum.com
Mon May 25 13:32:17 CEST 2015

MiSo,

no, it's currently not possible. It would require thinking a bit about
that, because the notifications are (or should be)
transport-independent. E.g. they can be delivered via mail, SMS, instant
messaging, etc. So the Message class (in
com.evolveum.midpoint.notifications.api.transports) contains only
features that are approximately common to all these transports (to,
subject, body including content-type). There's no problem in enhancing
it with something like "cc" and "bcc"; it requires thinking how the
other transports would deal with it. And also how to configure these
fields (probably something like
ccRecipientExpression/bccRecipientExpression?).

As a workaround, there are two possibilities:
1) you could include more recipients as a result of recipientExpression
- they would get used as multiple "To:" recipients
2) if you can hack a bit into the source, you could implement (around
lines 158-160 in MailTransport class) a hack that would recognize
recipients starting with e.g. "#cc:" string and place them into
mimeMessage as "Cc" recipients

Anyway, you're free to create a JIRA issue suggesting this change and we
can look at possibilities of its implementation.

Hope this helps,
Pavol