[midPoint] Execute groovy-files

Radovan Semancik radovan.semancik at evolveum.com
Thu May 14 15:57:55 CEST 2015

Hi Aleksey,

I'm afraid that the answer is "no". At least not now. There is an
inherent problem with storing scripts in files when you are in
environment with multiple midPoint nodes (which we fully support). The
files would need to be manually synchronized to all the nodes, which is
a major problem. We already have versioning and consistency model for
midPoint (XML) objects, so there is no point in duplicating that
mechanism also for text files.

But I see your point. The ease of development is important. Most of our
deployments rely more on the midPoint features rather than on hundreds
of lines of scripting code (you see, we are not OpenIDM). Therefore it
was not a problem to maintain couple of lines of scripting code even
without IDE. The other issue is also a synchronization of the files
between filesystem (IDE) and the midPoint database.

Maybe it would help if you can describe how you do your midPoint
development. This can give me some insight what needs to be improved. I
would be very grateful for any suggestion what we should do to improve
the developer's experience.