[midPoint] Running a recomputation on a subset of users

Tom Gerrard tgerrard at proofid.co.uk
Wed Mar 18 12:19:33 CET 2015

Hi all,

I was just wondering if there is any way of running the User Recomputation task on a subset of users?

I am trying to populate an attribute on the user object with the DN of the matching account in an assigned resource.  I've updated the assigned resource definition so that it has an inbound mapping for icfs:name pointing at an extension attribute.

If I run a user recomputation (or check reconcile and save on the user's page in the web interface) then it is updated correctly.  Unfortunately as some accounts associated to the users in this instance are unavailable or very slow, processing all users could take a very long time (based on the average speed so far about 19 days!).  If it were possible to limit the recomputation to users with a specific locality attribute we could only process users where the resources for all their accounts are available.

I did wonder if a reconciliation on either the 'source' resource or the assigned resource would update the attribute but it doesn't seem to do it in this case.

Thanks,
Tom