[midPoint] Bad diacritics in exported objects

Igor Farinic ifarinic at evolveum.com
Fri Mar 6 09:46:29 CET 2015

Hi,

after working closely with guys from AMI Praha, we have verified that on some systems one has to explicitly set file.encoding variable for Tomcat.

Setting -Dfile.encoding to UTF-8 in catalina.sh fixed the exports.

For example:
JAVA_OPTS="$JAVA_OPTS -Xmx1024m -Xms1024m -XX:NewSize=256m -XX:PermSize=512m -XX:MaxPermSize=512m -Dfile.encoding=UTF-8"

regards,
Igor Farinic