[midPoint] URGENT: Account Modify Workflow

Pavol Mederly mederly at evolveum.com
Wed Mar 4 00:38:48 CET 2015

Hello Dharmendra,

just to be sure - you are adding and then modifying resource assignment,
aren't you?

This feature is quite new and is currently being implemented - it was
not present in 3.1, and I hope I'll be able to finish it into 3.1.1.

Thank you very much for testing it. It seems that you've really found a
bug. I've done just now some experiments with modifying multivalued
attributes, and the behavior is indeed not quite correct. (In my case
the assignment as such is processed correctly, but not the account on
the resource.)

Anyway:
1) I have to work a little bit more on the implementation before it
could be really useful. At least I have to fix problems that I see at
this moment.
2) Your specific scenario could be helpful in testing. In particular, I
currently do not see how it could be possible that the modify operation
is not being caught by the wf aspect. Also I don't understand why
valuesToAdd is null.

So, could you please check that you have both account-related change
aspects enabled? I mean this:

<workflow>
   <changeProcessors>
     <primaryUserChangeProcessor>
*      <aspect>addResourceAssignmentAspect</aspect>**
**<aspect>modifyResourceAssignmentAspect</aspect>**
*    </primaryUserChangeProcessor>
   </changeProcessors>
</workflow>

And, then, could you please execute the actions you did with model
logging level set to TRACE, and send me the logs (to private mail)? I
just need to see the assignment deltas that enter the model, in order to
use them in my own testing.

No need to hurry, however, because I'm afraid I'll be able to start
working on this no sooner than on Friday.

Thank you.

Best regards,
Pavol