[midPoint] Users and Groups in database

Pavol Mederly mederly at evolveum.com
Sat Jun 20 18:38:45 CEST 2015

Hello Roman,

we've recently implemented this scenario for one of our customers.

It was done via ScriptedSQL connector, as one resource, having two
object classes:

- users
- roles

The user-role association was implemented as a multi-valued attribute
called "roles" in the user. (It could be done also via attribute
"users"/"members" in the role object, but we chose this way because the
user in our case has fewer roles than there are users for a given role.)

Groovy scripts in the connector were used as a wrapper that called
stored procedures in the database. These procedures were responsible for
manipulating the tables, including updating user-role table based on the
information that came in the "roles" attribute.

It is more complex than using the simple DB connector, but works nicely.

Best regards,
Pavol