[midPoint] assign account REST call

ANTON OPPERMAN antono at btinternet.com
Wed Jul 22 16:01:57 CEST 2015

Hi Guys,
  Trying to assign an account to a user using REST api; copied and modified modification-assign-account.xml from samples.
  I replaced the resource OID with that of my target resource and deleted the line: <oid>there will be oid</oid>
  If I understand correctly, if there is no OID supplied, midPoint should generate one; however the call fails with:
java.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot invoke method getOid() on null object (new) expression in mapping in outbound mapping for {.../connector/icf-1/resource-schema-3}name in resource:ef2bc95b-76e0-48e2-86d6-3d4f02d3eaef(Active Directory Internal)
  This seems to target the intended resource and if I leave the original <oid> line in tact, the call fails with the same error.
  Any hints would be appreciated. Some more REST examples would also be welcome ...
Thx,
  Anton