[midPoint] Active Directory and custom attributes & auxiliary objectclass

midpoint at mybtinternet.com midpoint at mybtinternet.com
Thu Jul 2 16:10:10 CEST 2015

Hi,
  We intend managing a number of different directories with similar data but for populations of users that
  must be stored separately. We also have a fairly extensive number of custom attributes grouped in an
  auxiliary objectClass.
  For OpenDJ, I was able to setup the resources and am able to manage all the custom attributes; e.g.
  the connector allows definition of which classes to use.
  Now trying to replicate with AD and have basic AD provisioning working; however, I don't see similar
  options for defining additional objectClasses to use. Have looked in Jira; all references suggest modifying
  objectClasses.xml and building a custom instance of the connector. I don't see how the custom
  objectClass is referenced. Have I missed something?
  As for building a custom instance of the connector;  I would prefer not to do that as:
    1) we could run into issues that are related to our attempt of implementing
    2) each time there is a new fix, we would need to go and retro-fit and rebuild
    3) each time we extend the schema, we need to go and ammend and rebuild
  While I may be able to build a custom instance, once this is handed-over to business-as-usual, they
  most certainly will not have the skills to support this.
  Is this still the process to follow at this time, or has this changed? If not changed, is there a plan to
  make the AD adapter configurable ito custom schema (like OpenDJ)? Time-frame?
  Thx
Regards,
  Anton