[midPoint] Sample notification for accounts that have been enabled

Pavol Mederly mederly at evolveum.com
Fri Feb 27 11:39:06 CET 2015

Hello Jason,

activation/administrativeStatus is among attributes that are "watched"
by default.

So, if you change it, you'll get a notification - like this:

============================================ Fri Feb 27 11:30:45 CET 2015
Message{to='[aaa at aaa.sk]', subject='Account modification notification',
contentType='null', body='Notification about account-related operation

User: Boss1 (boss1, oid 75f2806d-e31b-40c9-8133-85ed4d9e6252)
Notification created on: Fri Feb 27 11:30:45 CET 2015

Resource: Localhost CSVfile (oid ef2bc95b-76e0-48e2-86d6-3d4f02d3fafe)
Account: boss1

The account has been successfully modified on the resource. Modified
attributes are:
  - Activation/Administrative Status:
    - REPLACE: DISABLED

'}

Actually, you can use watchAuxiliaryAttributes, but this would lead to
providing unimportant messages and/or attributes in them. For example,
when I enabled it, like this:

   <notificationConfiguration>
       <handler>
          <simpleResourceObjectNotifier>
             <recipientExpression>
                <value>aaa at aaa.sk</value>
             </recipientExpression>
*<watchAuxiliaryAttributes>true</watchAuxiliaryAttributes>*
             <transport>mail</transport>
          </simpleResourceObjectNotifier>
       </handler>
       <mail>
          <debug>false</debug>
<redirectToFile>notifications.txt</redirectToFile>
       </mail>
    </notificationConfiguration>

I'll get the following notification after re-enabling the account again:

============================================ Fri Feb 27 11:31:40 CET 2015
Message{to='[aaa at aaa.sk]', subject='Account modification notification',
contentType='null', body='Notification about account-related operation

User: Boss1 (boss1, oid 75f2806d-e31b-40c9-8133-85ed4d9e6252)
Notification created on: Fri Feb 27 11:31:40 CET 2015

Resource: Localhost CSVfile (oid ef2bc95b-76e0-48e2-86d6-3d4f02d3fafe)
Account: boss1

The account has been successfully modified on the resource. Modified
attributes are:
  - Activation/Administrative Status:
    - REPLACE: ENABLED
  - Activation/enableTimestamp:
    - REPLACE: 27.2.2015 11:31:40
  - Metadata/modifyChannel:
    - REPLACE:
http://midpoint.evolveum.com/xml/ns/public/gui/channels-3#user
  - Metadata/modifyTimestamp:
    - REPLACE: 27.2.2015 11:31:40
  - Metadata/modifierRef:
    - REPLACE: administrator (user)

'}

Just BTW, these attributes are currently considered auxiliary:

- metadata container
- activation/validityStatus
- activation/validityChangeTimestamp
- activation/effectiveStatus (this is not the same as administrativeStatus!)
- activation/disableTimestamp
- activation/enableTimestamp
- activation/archiveTimestamp
- iteration
- iterationToken
- linkRef (for focal objects)
- trigger

And these are considered synchronization-related (notifications for them
are also disabled by default):

- synchronizationSituation
- synchronizationSituationDescription
- synchronizationTimestamp