[midPoint] Account Creation, Not Being created in AD

Pavol Mederly mederly at evolveum.com
Fri Feb 20 08:25:11 CET 2015

Hello Jason,

after studying the logs I suspect that the problem is being caused by
chaining of mappings in the object template "User Template 3". The
related issue is https://jira.evolveum.com/browse/MID-2149. (I know that
you've eliminated the majority of chainings -> but this one seems to be
left there).

See the red-colored parts below.

<objectTemplate
xmlns="http://midpoint.evolveum.com/xml/ns/public/common/common-3"
                 oid="10000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000203"
                 version="0">
    <name>User Template 3</name>
    <mapping>
       <source>
          <c:path
xmlns:c="http://midpoint.evolveum.com/xml/ns/public/common/common-3"
xmlns:bshp="http://www.bshp.edu/xml/ns/public/bshp">declare namespace
bshp='http://www.bshp.edu/xml/ns/public/bshp';
$c:user/c:extension/bshp:eduPersonAffiliation</c:path>
       </source>
       <expression>
          <script>
             <code>'student'</code>
          </script>
       </expression>
       <*target*>
          <c:path
xmlns:c="http://midpoint.evolveum.com/xml/ns/public/common/common-3"
xmlns:bshp="http://www.bshp.edu/xml/ns/public/bshp">declare namespace
bshp='http://www.bshp.edu/xml/ns/public/bshp';
*$c:user/c:extension/bshp:eduPersonAffiliation*</c:path>
       </target>
    </mapping>

*      ----->**
*
    <mapping>
       <*source*>
          <c:path
xmlns:c="http://midpoint.evolveum.com/xml/ns/public/common/common-3"
xmlns:bshp="http://www.bshp.edu/xml/ns/public/bshp">declare namespace
bshp='http://www.bshp.edu/xml/ns/public/bshp';
*$c:user/c:extension/bshp:eduPersonAffiliation*</c:path>
       </source>
       <expression>
          <assignmentTargetSearch>
             <targetType
xmlns:c="http://midpoint.evolveum.com/xml/ns/public/common/common-3">c:RoleType</targetType>
<oid>30000000-aaaa-bbbb-0000-12345678sr01</oid>
          </assignmentTargetSearch>
       </expression>
       <target>
          <c:path
xmlns:c="http://midpoint.evolveum.com/xml/ns/public/common/common-3">assignment</c:path>
       </target>
    </mapping>
</objectTemplate>

In the log you can see that this result of an empty assignment of the
role that should give access to the AD:

2015-02-19 11:06:47,040 [] [midPointScheduler_Worker-10] TRACE
(com.evolveum.midpoint.model.common.mapping.Mapping): Mapping trace:
---[ MAPPING  in
objectTemplate:10000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000203(User Template
3)]---------------------------
Source: {http://www.bshp.edu/xml/ns/public/bshp}eduPersonAffiliation:
*old=null, delta=null, new=null*
Target: PCD:{.../common/common-3}assignment
{.../common/common-3}AssignmentType[0,-1],RAM
Expression: assignmentExpression
Condition: true -> true
Result: *[here should be an assignment but there's nothing there because
the input is 'null' (not the 'student' as one could expect) - this is
because of chaining]*

Actually, in a later iteration (in the secondary phase of the clockwork
processing), the assignment is computed - but it is actually too late
(just before exiting the processing) - so it is not executed. I mean
this one:

---[ MAPPING  in
objectTemplate:10000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000203(User Template
3)]---------------------------
Source: {http://www.bshp.edu/xml/ns/public/bshp}eduPersonAffiliation:
*old=null, delta=PropertyDelta(extension /
{http://www.bshp.edu/xml/ns/public/bshp}eduPersonAffiliation, ADD),
new=PP({http://www.bshp.edu/xml/ns/public/bshp}eduPersonAffiliation):[PPV(String:student)]*
Target: PCD:{.../common/common-3}assignment
{.../common/common-3}AssignmentType[0,-1],RAM
Expression: assignmentExpression
Condition: true -> true
Result: *added: id=null: 1 items *

So, my recommendation is to remove the chaining.

Hope this helps. :-)
Pavol