[midPoint] Fw: URGENT ... Role inducements lost on role updates

Pavol Mederly mederly at evolveum.com
Thu Feb 12 08:52:50 CET 2015

Hello Dharmendra,

looking at your WS request: it is of REPLACE type, see:

<objectDelta ... >
    <t:itemDelta>
       <t:modificationType>*replace*</t:modificationType>
          <t:path>c:*inducement*</t:path>
          <t:value id="2">
          </t:value>
    </t:itemDelta>

So, basically you tell midPoint that you want to REPLACE the values of
*inducement***item with the ones you have provided.
And you've provided one value with id=2 and content of account
construction on resource d0811790-1d80-11e4-86b2-3c970e467874.
So after the operation, the original inducement with id=1 should be gone.

Is this what you wanted to do? Perhaps no.

If you want to replace only one value in multi-valued item, you have to
1) delete old value
2) add new value

And, I'm not quite sure about your first mail (Manish Baid, received
01:14). Aren't the contents of files "original.xml" and
"after_addRoleInducement.xml" swapped? Because original.xml corresponds
to the state with only one inducement, while the file
"after_addRoleInducement.xml" contains two inducements. Just opposite as
I would expect, given the messages you wrote.

Best regards,
Pavol