[midPoint] Remote CSV File

Pavol Mederly mederly at evolveum.com
Wed Feb 11 10:34:00 CET 2015

Hello Jason,

I've updated java connector server documentation here:
https://wiki.evolveum.com/display/midPoint/Java+Connector+Server.

After installing the server (please use current version of 1.4.0.49) you
can proceed just as you described:
- import the connectorHost object
- run "discovery" on that connector host
- import your csv resource (see below)

Beware that when importing the resource, the filter would now match 2
CSV connectors (local and remote one), and so the import would fail.
- One possibility is to manually remove local CSV connector from
repository and then run the import. (Note that after restart of midPoint
it will appear again, but your newly imported resource would be
unaffected by this.)
- Another possibility is to remove filter from <connectorRef> altogether
and replace it with oid='...' attribute pointing to remote csv connector
object
- Yet another possibility is to enhance filter to match only your remote
connector.

I've briefly tested CSV connector (version 1.4.0.49) with connector
server (1.4.1.0-SNAPSHOT ... but 1.4.0.49 should work the same), and
basic functionality - test connection, import accounts, simple changes -
works well. If you would find any problems, please let us know, as
usual. :-)

Best regards,
Pavol