[midPoint] Ad-hoc Reconciliation

Katka Valalikova katkav at evolveum.com
Tue Apr 7 11:26:02 CEST 2015

Hello Martin,

if I understand right, you need to link users comming from DB with users in LDAP according to email address, not DN. If you want midPoint to automatically decide if the user should be created or linked to the existed one, you need to do following steps.

    1. In your LDAP server, set email address as unique attribute.
    2. In midPoint:

        * set email address as secondary identifier in your schemaHandling - this will provide that if the account already exists in the LDAP, midPoint will try to find an owner and link them together
        * set your correlation rule to match users according to the emailAddress - during already exists situation discovery, correlation rule will be used to match user in midPoint (according to your settings of action-reaction, account should be linked to the existing user or new user will be created).
        * run reconciliation for DB resource (this scenario expects that you have configured object template which will provide creation of accoun in your LDAP)

If you have some other questions or something does not work as expected, please let me know.

Hope this will help you,
with kind regards,
Katarina Valalikova