[midPoint] Accessing user extension attribute from different focus type.

Deepak Natarajan dnataraj at trilobytesystems.com
Thu Sep 11 10:05:24 CEST 2014

Hi Ivan -

A very correct question - yes, I am creating groups for the user.

Our AD/LDAP groups have many properties that need to be populated. One
of them is the "description" field which the customer actually populates
with a network drive path :) (e.g //vejle kommune/aF_V/FFPP/userName" etc.

I need to get a cached user object (I have some java code for this) in
order to build this and other properties.

So in my script expression, I would have :

user = getCachedUser(uid) --> uid is from user attr
and then
return user.getGroup(name).getDescription() --> here name is $focus/name
for the group

My other option is to have extension attributes in RoleType but then I
will need many of these and some complex XML constructs (which Radovan
kinda ruled out) in order to represent a group in XML.

Any thoughts?

Thanks
BR/Deepak

--
Deepak Natarajan

Trilobyte Systems ApS

Falkoner Alle 1, 3            Fredrikinkatu 61A, 6th Floor
2000 Frederiksberg         Business Center Papula
Denmark                          00100 Helsinki
                                        Finland

Tel : +45 29375068
http://www.trilobytesystems.com