[midPoint] Email Notification

Ivan Noris Ivan.Noris at evolveum.com
Fri Oct 31 12:01:43 CET 2014

Hi Jason,

first please see the wiki page referenced by Roman in previous e-mail (https://wiki.evolveum.com/display/midPoint/Script+Expression+Functions). This is handy also for other usages.

Back to notifications. I've just hacked my notifications like this to show you how to access user's properties:

<handler>
<simpleUserNotifier>
<recipientExpression>
<value>vix at localhost</value>
</recipientExpression>
<subjectExpression>
<script>
<code>
if (event.isSuccess())
tmpText = "[IDM] SUCCESS: User " + event.getChangeType() + " operation succeeded for "
else if (event.isFailure())
tmpText = "[IDM] ERROR: User " + event.getChangeType() + " operation failed for "
else tmpText = "[IDM] IN PROGRESS: User " + event.getChangeType() + " operation in progress for "

tmpText + requestee?.getName()?.getOrig() + ', family= ' + requestee?.getFamilyName()?.getOrig() + ', employee number= ' + requestee?.getEmployeeNumber() + ', property employeeNumber= ' + basic.getPropertyValue(requestee, 'employeeNumber')
</code>
</script>
</subjectExpression>
<transport>mail</transport>
</simpleUserNotifier>
</handler>

Subject in e-mail became:

Subject: [IDM] SUCCESS: User ADD operation succeeded for bbbbb,
family= Rimmer, employee number= 12123434,
property employeeNumber= 12123434

For standard polystring attributes, you may use simple requestee?.getFamilyName()?.getOrig()
For standard string attributes, you may use simple requestee?.getEmployeeNumber()

Please see our Common Schema to see which attribute is Polystring.

Or you can use Basic library's basic.getPropertyValue(requestee, 'employeeNumber').

To access the extended attributes, you need to use Basic library (basic.getExtensionPropertyValue(...))

I have already added such examples to our https://wiki.evolveum.com/display/midPoint/Notifications page earlier.