[midPoint] Email Notification

Ivan Noris ivan.noris at evolveum.com
Wed Oct 29 21:01:27 CET 2014

Hi Jason,

On 10/29/2014 07:26 PM, Jason Everling wrote:
> Not that one, that one works just fine but if I try to add to it is
> when it fails, like
>
> <bodyExpression>
>         <script>
>               <code>
>                    Welome to blah blah, the following below are links
> to the various resources you will use here
>
>         Your Username is  + requestee?.getName()?.getOrig()
>
>                      You should login and should your password
> at http://www.example/com
>
>                      Link 1
>                      Link 2
>                      Link 3
>              </code>
>           </script>
> </bodyExpression>

I see. But the answer is very simple: everything in <code> is a groovy
expression. Return value of this expression is what will be used for
e-mail body (in this case).

For example in my previous sample, the Groovy expression "[IDM] Your
username is: " + requestee?.getName()?.getOrig() is actually the same as:

return *"*[IDM] Your username is: *"* *+* requestee?.getName()?.getOrig()

In your case, you are missing:
1) quotes for strings
2) + operator for concatenating strings

So your example needs to be rewritten to maintain your required
formatting, as:

            <bodyExpression>
               <script>
                  <code>
                   "Welome to blah blah, the following below are links
to the various resources you will use here. \n" + "Your Username is " +
requestee?.getName()?.getOrig() + "\nYou should login and should your
password at http://www.example/com"
             </code>
               </script>
            </bodyExpression>

(this is a copy/paste from actual System Configuration)

Which will produce notification for example:

Welome to blah blah, the following below are links to the various resources
you will use here.
Your Username is hulahop
You should login and should your password at http://www.example/com

(this is copy/paste from actual e-mail that was sent).

So now you should be able to do anything (except the HTML discussed
earlier).