[midPoint] Email Notification

Ivan Noris Ivan.Noris at evolveum.com
Mon Oct 27 09:29:22 CET 2014

Hi Jason,

> Thanks for this, it helps understand the general notifier a little better. I
> am not wanting to get admin emails but I want the system to email the
> students/faculty/staff when their accounts are provisioned.

> Can I use a separate attribute besides the standard mail attribute. Currently
> in Midpoint, all the users will be imported from our student system and
> their official email address will be the provisioned mailbox here but I am
> also mapping a secondary attribute labeled otherMailbox which will contain
> their personal email address. This is the email that the notification needs
> to go to since they would not have access to their official school mailbox.

Very simple to configure in midPoint, if you have that attribute already populated.
This is my example, just tested (and working):

<handler>
<accountPasswordNotifier>
<name>New accounts in midPoint managed systems</name>
<operation>add</operation>
<status>success</status>
<recipientExpression>
<script>
<code>basic.getExtensionPropertyValue(requestee, 'http://evolveum.com/my ', ' otherMailbox ')</code>
</script>
</recipientExpression>
<subjectExpression>
<script>
<code>"[IDM] New account created by IDM for user: " + requestee?.getName()?.getOrig()</code>
</script>
</subjectExpression>
<transport>mail</transport>
</accountPasswordNotifier>
</handler>

The notification is configured for sending passwords for new accounts, which have been successfully created (notice the operation and status filters).

Just check/replace the bold strings (your schema extension namespace and attribute name).

For standard attributes such as EmailAddress, this would have been even simpler:

<code>requestee.getEmailAddress()</code>

Ing. Ivan Noris
Senior Identity Management Engineer