[midPoint] Get the generated email address back to database

Jason Everling jeverling at bshp.edu
Wed Nov 12 15:46:04 CET 2014

Yes, I cannot use the DBTable Connector because of how are database is,
there are so many tables that require joins which is why I went with the
CSV file, easier to dump then scp over to the midpoint host.

I am leaning more toward the ScriptedSQL after reviewing it, the update
sample script should be fine, I just need to remove everything and just
leave the staement with email and edit the SQL statement.

Would I use the Sync sample script or just the localhost simple? Not really
syncing the info, just pushing the info back.

JASON

On Tue, Nov 11, 2014 at 1:13 PM, Ivan Noris <ivan.noris at evolveum.com> wrote:

> Hi Jason,
>

> > Yes, the real database the CSV file is being dumped from, SQL Server
> > 2008 R2, I have already loaded the jdbc driver for SQL Server in the
> > rebuilt war so that is already taken care of,
>
> Well, there are several possibilities:
>
> 1.
> - use the CSV export from SQL DB
> - create user with email address in midPoint
> - provision to either specific SQL DB table OR LDAP/Active Directory
> attribute, from which your SQL DB application will fetch the attribute.
>
> This way you will have no direct connection to SQL DB and you'll keep
> most of your current settings. But the SQL DB must fetch the data from
> some intermediate table or LDAP/AD attribute.
>
> 2.
> - use the CSV export from SQL DB
> - create user with email address in midPoint
> - provision directly to your SQL DB.
>
> This is somehow "dirty" as you will provision to the same resource as
> you indirectly use as your authoritative resource. For midPoint, attempt
> to provision email attribute to the SQL DB will look like "add"
> operation, but connector will discover existing user record in SQL DB
> and modify it instead of adding. This requires 100% correct correlation
> expression to automagically convert the add to modify.
>
> 3.
> - use the SQL DB as both authoritative source for your users as well as
> target resource for email address provisioning
>
> This is the most clean solution, with no intermediate steps and no
> magic. You just set the proper resource mappings (outbounds, inbounds).
>
> The option "3" is recomended over the "2".
>
> As for your SQL DB: connecting (as either source or target resource)
> would require a connector. In midPoint, you have three possibilities:
>
> a) DB Table connector: this is suitable for ONE table (no joins). Which,
> I suppose is not your case...
> b) ScriptedSQL connector: universal scriptable (Groovy) connector. This
> can do anything, but you have to write your operations (add, modify,
> delete, search etc.). The connector is just a glue that puts the
> operation scripts to a form usable from midPoint.
> c) custom SQL connector (must be written in Java)
>
> Btw. you don't need to have JDBC drivers bundled in (custom build of)
> midpoint. It's completely OK just drop the driver JAR files to
> appropriate directory of your application server, in my case for
> example, customer's "/opt/tomcat/lib" contains MySQL and MS SQL drivers
> needed for the deployment.
>
> Regards,
> Ivan
>
> --
>   Ing. Ivan Noris
>   Senior Identity Management Engineer
>   evolveum.com

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:
This e-mail together with any attachments is proprietary and confidential;
intended for only the recipient(s) named above and may contain information
that is privileged. You should not retain, copy or use this e-mail or any
attachments for any purpose, or disclose all or any part of the contents to
any person. Any views or opinions expressed in this e-mail are those of the
author and do not represent those of the Baptist School of Health
Professions. If you have received this e-mail in error, or are not the
named recipient(s), you are hereby notified that any review, dissemination,
distribution or copying of this communication is prohibited by the sender
and to do so might constitute a violation of the Electronic Communications
Privacy Act, 18 U.S.C. section 2510-2521. Please immediately notify the
sender and delete this e-mail and any attachments from your computer.