[midPoint] Possibility to check Password validity?

Radovan Semancik radovan.semancik at evolveum.com
Thu May 22 17:37:42 CEST 2014

Hi Alexander,

I'm afraid that the answer is again "no". MidPoint was not designed as
an authentication server therefore we haven't considered such function.
Provisioning system are relatively complex and therefore they are not
ideal as high-performance authentication systems.

What we usually do is an LDAP server that contains all the midPoint
users (provisioned by usual LDAP connector). And the you can check
password against that LDAP server using usual BIND operation. This
solution may seem slightly complex but it has many advantages such as
performance, scalability and availability.