[midPoint] AD Connector

Pavol Mederly mederly at evolveum.com
Tue May 6 00:08:15 CEST 2014

Hello, Sam,

first of all, I apologize for mismatches in documentation and wiki
pages. Although I've promised on this list a few days ago that I'll
upload current version of the connector/framework, I had no time to do
that, until today.

So,

*(1)* You can download current version of .Net Connector Server
(1.4.0.20) from links mentioned in the wiki page you've already visited
(https://wiki.evolveum.com/display/midPoint/.NET+Connector+Server)
Also, I've built the AD and Exchange connectors; you can download them
(1.4.0.20140) from their pages in our wiki as well
(https://wiki.evolveum.com/display/midPoint/Active+Directory+Connector,
https://wiki.evolveum.com/display/midPoint/Exchange+Connector).

I would suggest you to use these packages instead of ForgeRock ones. As
for the Connector Server, they should be more-or-less equal, but our
Active Directory connector contains some quite important enhancements,
dealing e.g. with the performance (see
https://jira.evolveum.com/browse/MID-1485).

If you need the sources, they are here:

  * for Connector Server:
      o the common distribution (maintained together by Tirasa,
        ForgeRock and Evolveum): https://github.com/tirasa/ConnId
      o the Evolveum distribution: https://github.com/Evolveum/ConnId
        (In both repositories, take branch 1_4_X_Y.)

  * for Active Directory Connector:
      o https://github.com/Evolveum/openicf

*(2)* You're right concerning the changes you've done in the
ConnectorHost configuration. Just for simplicity, I would suggest
starting with <protectConnection> turned off. After establishing the
connection you can of course add the SSL support.

*(3)* As for the ad-resource-simple.xml, it works for me without
problems. The only thing I had to do is to configure
icfc:configurationProperties.

Please try with the latest snapshot (java code and samples). I also send
you my configuration in the attachment.

If the problem will still persist, please let me know.

Perhaps one question: have you succeed in discovering the connectors on
your connector host? (See step Discover Connectors in
https://wiki.evolveum.com/display/midPoint/Active+Directory+HOWTO)

Best regards,
Pavol