[midPoint] LDAP Group Creation

Ivan Noris ivan.noris at evolveum.com
Thu Dec 4 10:37:27 CET 2014

Hi,

you don't need new connector to create LDAP groups. Just configuration
in midPoint: new schemaHandling <objectType> and corresponding
<synchronization><objectType> parts for kind=entitlement and intent=group.

For example you may check the sample:
samples/reosurces/opendj/opendj-resource-genericsync.xml to see how it
can be configured.

After you have this configured, you can create a role which will
construct the kind=entitlement,intent=group object on the LDAP resource.

Then you assign such role to either organization or role in midpoint and
it will provision corresponding group to LDAP.

Please refer also to:
https://wiki.evolveum.com/display/midPoint/Generic+Synchronization
https://wiki.evolveum.com/display/midPoint/Focus+and+Projections
https://wiki.evolveum.com/display/midPoint/Roles%2C+Metaroles+and+Generic+Synchronization

On 12/04/2014 10:28 AM, dharmendra parakh wrote:
> HI
>
> Is there any out of the box configuration to achieve it or i have to
> write a connector?
>
> Waiting for response..
>
> Regards
> Dharmendra
>
> On Wed, Dec 3, 2014 at 7:00 PM, dharmendra parakh
> <dharm.parakh at gmail.com <mailto:dharm.parakh at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     Hi
>
>     I was playing around the ldap connector bundled witth midpoint, It
>     works well for creating user accounts and user group assignment.
>
>     I want to create ldap group, Is it possible using the same
>     connector to provision ldap group on target ldap resource.
>     basically a groupOfUniqueNames or a posixGroup.
>
>     If possible please point me to the documentation which i can refer
>     and configure it.
>

>     Thanks
>     Dharmendra Parakh

  Ing. Ivan Noris