[midPoint] MySQL configuration for 3.0

Ivan Noris ivan.noris at evolveum.com
Tue Aug 26 20:54:39 CEST 2014

Hi Deepak,

in your log (attached to your last mail) the final exception is:

Caused by: com.evolveum.midpoint.util.exception.SystemException: JDBC driver must be specified (either explicitly or in SQL repository configuration)
	at com.evolveum.midpoint.wf.impl.WfConfiguration.notEmpty(WfConfiguration.java:201) ~[workflow-impl-3.0.jar:na]
	at com.evolveum.midpoint.wf.impl.WfConfiguration.validate(WfConfiguration.java:193) ~[workflow-impl-3.0.jar:na]
	at com.evolveum.midpoint.wf.impl.WfConfiguration.initialize(WfConfiguration.java:165) ~[workflow-impl-3.0.jar:na]
	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method) ~[na:1.7.0_45]

This implies that workflow is enabled. And it's failing to use datasource.

Further, I see:

2014-08-26 18:19:25,703 [RMI TCP Connection(2)-127.0.0.1] INFO
(c.e.midpoint.repo.sql.CompositeDataSource): Loading datasource.
2014-08-26 18:19:25,703 [RMI TCP Connection(2)-127.0.0.1] INFO
(c.e.midpoint.repo.sql.CompositeDataSource): JDNI datasource present in
configuration, looking for 'java:comp/env/jdbc/midpointDS'.

So repository IS using datasource.

Then:

2014-08-26 18:19:28,458 [RMI TCP Connection(2)-127.0.0.1] INFO
(c.e.midpoint.task.quartzimpl.Initializer): Task Manager: Quartz Job
Store: in-memory, NOT clustered. Threads: 10

So task manager is using memory, not database (that's why you didn't
have the error that I do).

So, the problem is probably caused by workflow+datasource combination,
not repository. I'm not using workflow in my setup.

Just to be sure: are you using the workflow in your setup or it can be
disabled (that would work around the problem)?

If the combination datasource+jdbc url+user+password works, I would
speculate that repository is using datasource and workflow is inheriting
the jdbc url+user+password parameters.