[midPoint] MySQL configuration for 3.0

Deepak Natarajan dnataraj at trilobytesystems.com
Tue Aug 26 17:49:34 CEST 2014

Hi Ivan -

I'm sorry, in my reply I pasted from the wiki, to make my point (i.e I
am using the configuration as described).

The one in my file is (and which is working correctly now that I added
in the additional fields of username, password, url and driverclass:

        <repository>

<repositoryServiceFactoryClass>com.evolveum.midpoint.repo.sql.SqlRepositoryFactory</repositoryServiceFactoryClass>
            <embedded>false</embedded>

<hibernateDialect>com.evolveum.midpoint.repo.sql.util.MidPointMySQLDialect</hibernateDialect>
            <hibernateHbm2ddl>validate</hibernateHbm2ddl>
            <dataSource>java:comp/env/jdbc/midpointDS</dataSource>
            <jdbcUrl>jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/midpoint</jdbcUrl>
            <driverClassName>com.mysql.jdbc.Driver</driverClassName>
            <jdbcUsername>x</jdbcUsername>
            <jdbcPassword>x</jdbcPassword>
            <!-- <asServer>true</asServer> -->
            <!--
            <baseDir>${midpoint.home}</baseDir>
            -->
        </repository>

So yes, it is the same DS as I have configured in my Tomcat instance :

  <GlobalNamingResources>
    <!-- Editable user database that can also be used by
         UserDatabaseRealm to authenticate users
    -->
              type="org.apache.catalina.UserDatabase"
              pathname="conf/tomcat-users.xml" />

    <Resource name="jdbc/midpointDS" auth="Container"
type="javax.sql.DataSource"
        username="x" password="x"
        url="jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/midpoint"
        driverClassName="com.mysql.jdbc.Driver"
        accessToUnderlyingConnectionAllowed="true"
        initialSize="5" maxWait="5000"
        maxActive="30" maxIdle="5"
        validationQuery="select 1"
        poolPreparedStatements="true"/>

  </GlobalNamingResources>

which is the same in the context.xml

-deepak

Ivan Noris wrote:
> Hi Deepak,
>
> it seems you are referencing bad datasource.
>
> Shouldn't it be "jdbc/mysql" based on your configuration pasted earlier
> in this thread?
> Anyway it must be the same as in the datasource configuration in Tomcat.
>
> Regards,
> Ivan
>
> On 08/26/2014 05:07 PM, Deepak Natarajan wrote:
>> Argh - I should have noticed this, sorry. Didn't spot this change in
>> Vilo's email. This got rid of that error - however, I subsequently get
>> these :
>>
>> Caused by: com.evolveum.midpoint.util.exception.SystemException: JDBC
>> driver must be specified (either explicitly or in SQL repository
>> configuration)
>>
>> Caused by: com.evolveum.midpoint.util.exception.SystemException: JDBC
>> URL must be specified (either explicitly or in SQL repository
>> configuration).
>>
>> Caused by: com.evolveum.midpoint.util.exception.SystemException: JDBC
>> user name must be specified (either explicitly or in SQL repository
>> configuration).
>>
>> So the configuration prescribed here :
>>
>> <configuration>
>>     <midpoint>
>>         <repository>
>>
>> <repositoryServiceFactoryClass>com.evolveum.midpoint.repo.sql.SqlRepositoryFactory</repositoryServiceFactoryClass>
>>             <embedded>false</embedded>
>>
>> <hibernateDialect>com.evolveum.midpoint.repo.sql.util.MidPointMySQLDialect</hibernateDialect>
>>             <hibernateHbm2ddl>validate</hibernateHbm2ddl>
>>             <dataSource>java:comp/env/jdbc/mysql</dataSource>
>>         </repository>
>>     </midpoint>
>> </configuration>
>>
>> does not work, I had to pretty much add in the rest of it (essentially
>> what I had before moving to the DS configuration -
>> https://wiki.evolveum.com/display/midPoint/MySQL). So I'm not sure if
>> the DS is really being used, if you know what I mean...?
>>
>> Thanks
>> -deepak

Deepak Natarajan
Director

Trilobyte Systems ApS

Falkoner Alle 1, 3            Fredrikinkatu 61A, 6th Floor
2000 Frederiksberg         Business Center Papula
Denmark                          00100 Helsinki
                                        Finland

Tel : +45 29375068
http://www.trilobytesystems.com