[midPoint] MySQL configuration for 3.0

Deepak Natarajan dnataraj at trilobytesystems.com
Tue Aug 26 17:07:19 CEST 2014

Argh - I should have noticed this, sorry. Didn't spot this change in
Vilo's email. This got rid of that error - however, I subsequently get
these :

Caused by: com.evolveum.midpoint.util.exception.SystemException: JDBC
driver must be specified (either explicitly or in SQL repository
configuration)

Caused by: com.evolveum.midpoint.util.exception.SystemException: JDBC
URL must be specified (either explicitly or in SQL repository
configuration).

Caused by: com.evolveum.midpoint.util.exception.SystemException: JDBC
user name must be specified (either explicitly or in SQL repository
configuration).

So the configuration prescribed here :

<configuration>
    <midpoint>
        <repository>

<repositoryServiceFactoryClass>com.evolveum.midpoint.repo.sql.SqlRepositoryFactory</repositoryServiceFactoryClass>
            <embedded>false</embedded>

<hibernateDialect>com.evolveum.midpoint.repo.sql.util.MidPointMySQLDialect</hibernateDialect>
            <hibernateHbm2ddl>validate</hibernateHbm2ddl>
            <dataSource>java:comp/env/jdbc/mysql</dataSource>
        </repository>
    </midpoint>
</configuration>

does not work, I had to pretty much add in the rest of it (essentially
what I had before moving to the DS configuration -
https://wiki.evolveum.com/display/midPoint/MySQL). So I'm not sure if
the DS is really being used, if you know what I mean...?

Thanks
-deepak