[midPoint] MidPoint open to contributions

Radovan Semancik radovan.semancik at evolveum.com
Fri Sep 13 12:13:03 CEST 2013

Hello,

MidPoint project is open to contributions again.

In the past we were severely limited by CDDL licence and Subversion
version control. Both limitations are gone now. The licensing was
changed to Apache licence in the recent release. The version control was
changed to git. Therefore now we are open to contributions again.

There is a wiki page that describes the contribution process:
https://wiki.evolveum.com/display/midPoint/Development+Participation

The switch to Apache licensing and Git opens up exciting possibilities
for midPoint use including cloud services, private midPoint versions and
flavours, cooperation with larger teams, product integration and so on.
It is described in more detail on the following wiki page:
https://wiki.evolveum.com/display/midPoint/Openness