[midPoint] Re. IterationToken Variable

Deepak Natarajan dnataraj at trilobytesystems.com
Tue Oct 29 15:47:14 CET 2013

Hi -

I am trying to understand the usage of the variable iterationToken, as described here :

https://wiki.evolveum.com/display/midPoint/Outbound+Mapping

Could anyone please give me a brief description of what these "iterations" actually are? (i.e what is being iterated upon)

I see this often in the examples in outbound mappings :

					<outbound>
						<source>
							<path>$user/givenName</path>
						</source>
						<source>
							<path>$user/familyName</path>
						</source>
						<expression>
							<script>
								<code>'cn=' + givenName + ' ' + familyName + iterationToken + ',cn=Users,dc=example,dc=com'</code>
							</script>
						</expression>

And am wondering if its ok to leave the iterationToken variable out, and if it was something that got carried over from a particular use case (e.g of having cn's such as user0, user1 etc from one of the examples)

Thanks!
Deepak