[midPoint] Localization

Viliam Repan vilo.repan at evolveum.com
Mon Oct 14 15:05:06 CEST 2013

Hi Lucie,

if attribute doesn't have annotation "displayName" defined in schema
(e.g. <a:displayName>Description</a:displayName>)
you can add attribute name to MidPointApplication.properties (it's
global localization properties file).

It applies for user attributes (also extensions) as well as for resource
attributes. However there is now a limitation:
if there are two attributes with the same name (for example on different
resources, or from different namespaces)
key is equal for both, therefore translation will be equal.

This behaviour can be improved if necessary.

Best regards,

Vilo

On 10/14/2013 02:43 PM, Lucie Rút Bittnerová wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have a question about Midpoint localization. There is some system
> how to localize Midpoint, but e.g. the names of user attributes, which
> are displayed to the application user, are hardcoded in common-2a.xsd.
> Is there any way how to have these attribute names multilanguage?
>
> Thanks
> Lucie Rut Bittnerova

Ing. Viliam Repán(
Evolveum, s.r.o.