[midPoint] Re. Adding users to a group in LDAP

Deepak Natarajan dnataraj at trilobytesystems.com
Wed Oct 9 12:57:39 CEST 2013

Hello all -

Is it possible to configure an LDAP resource so that when a new "group" is detected in one resource (e.g CSV file), a new group is inserted under ou=groups in LDAP? i.e we are not working with user accounts as such but other kinds of subtrees in LDAP/AD.

We are trying to solve two use cases :

1. On the LDAP we have various ou's (e.g ou=departments, ou=addresses, ou=employees)  - which have been populated from a legacy database.
	We would like to configure a CSV resource on Midpoint, and this file would contain rows of "departments" along with their attributes. Midpoint should accordingly sync this with the ou=departments subtree in LDAP via the LDAP connector. Is this doable?
2. Is it possible to configure the LDAP resource so that when a new user needs to be created on the LDAP (on ou=users, say), some of the attributes can be attached to other subtrees (like ou=addresses)?

Thanks in advance!

BR/Deepak