[midPoint] Does Midpoint support ApacheDS?

Deepak Natarajan dnataraj at gmail.com
Wed Oct 2 09:16:22 CEST 2013

Hello -

Could anyone help me configure Midpoint with ApacheDS? I'm running into a couple of issues :

1. I'm unable to import the example*.ldif's (used with OpenDJ in the samples) into ApacheDS. The error is :
#!RESULT ERROR
#!CONNECTION ldap://localhost:10389
#!DATE 2013-10-01T18:07:39.930
#!ERROR [LDAP: error code 16 - NO_SUCH_ATTRIBUTE: failed for MessageType : ADD_REQUEST Message ID : 13     Add Request : Entry     dn[n]: ou=People, dc=example,dc=com     objectclass: top     objectclass: organizationalunit     ou: People     aci: (targetattr="*||ds-pwp-account-disabled")(version 3.0; acl "IDM Access"; allow (all) userdn="ldap:///uid=idm,ou=Administrators,dc=example,dc=com";) : ERR_04269 ATTRIBUTE_TYPE for OID aci does not exist!]
dn: ou=People, dc=example,dc=com
changetype: add
aci: (targetattr="*||ds-pwp-account-disabled")(version 3.0; acl "IDM Access";
 allow (all) userdn="ldap:///uid=idm,ou=Administrators,dc=example,dc=com";)
ou: People
objectclass: top
objectclass: organizationalunit

I have enabled ACI and the attribute does seem to exist - I'm still trying to work this through - has anyone tried this before?

2. I can't see an external change log subtree (cn=changelog) and cannot find anything on the ApacheDS documents...can anyone please help?

Many thanks!

BR/Deepak