[midPoint] how to synchronize roles the same way as users?

Radovan Semancik radovan.semancik at evolveum.com
Thu Nov 21 13:14:16 CET 2013

Hi Jerzy,

The short answer is: Possible but somehow difficult in version 2.2
(latest stable version). Possible and quite easy in version 2.3 (planned
for spring 2014)

Currently midPoint 2.2 is implemented to synchronize just users and
accounts. But midpoint is programmable. There is a Java API and
webservice. REST is comming very soon. Therefore you can write a short
program or script to do the synchronization. This is good for simple
cases. But it may be quite difficut to handle all the synchronization
cases correctly.

The plan for midPoint 2.3 is to extend this synchronization to be much
more generic. Therefore in version 2.3 you will be able to write a
connector for your other IDM system. The connector will present these
legacy roles as "entitlements". And then you can use regular midPoint
synchronization mechanisms to synchronize such "entitlements" and
midPoint roles.