[midPoint] Problem adding an ICF connector - Error creating connector instace: The classes (JAR) of connector: ... (OID:...) were not found by the ICF framework

dev.eloper dev.eloper at o2.pl
Thu Nov 21 12:26:18 CET 2013

Hi everyone,
I'm trying to add a custom ICF connector, generated with the Maven archetype. However, when I'm trying to execute the connector, I'm getting the following error in the UI:
===
Error resolving connector reference in resource:xxx (My Sample): Error creating connector instace: The classes (JAR) of connector: My Sample (OID:xxx) were not found by the ICF framework; connector type=org.forgerock.openicf.xxx, version=yyy
===
Eventually, I drilled down to the code that might be causing a problem:
=== org.identityconnectors.framework.impl.api.local.LocalConnectorInfoManagerImpl in org/forgerock/openicf/framework/connector-framework-internal-1.1.1.e6329.jar:
249:   options = connectorClass.getAnnotation(ConnectorClass.class);
This line returns null. But I checked that calling connectorClass.getAnnotations() will return a single annotation: com.sun.proxy.$Proxy182, which proxies the original annotation, instead of hte actual ConnectorClass annotation.
Has anyone seen this problem before? What might it be related to? And, how could I fix this issue?
Thank you.