[midPoint] Re. Upgrading the AD connector server & connector

Ivan Noris ivan.noris at evolveum.com
Mon Nov 4 17:32:29 CET 2013

Hi Deepak,

On 11/04/2013 10:34 AM, Deepak Natarajan wrote:
> Hi Ivan -
>
> Apologies for the late reply.
>
> Let me tell you the whole story :) So when I was trying to get the AD
> resource to work on midpoint, I realised that there were newer version
> of both the .NET connector server, and the connector itself (I landed
> up on Oracle's site when I was investigating some issue and found
> everything there).
>
> The connector server version is :
> Connector Server 11.1.2.1.0 - July 2, 2013
> And the AD connector : 1.1.0.6380

Yep, these versions look oraclish.

> So after the connector "discovery" step (after I imported my connector
> host configuration), I realised that now the list of connectors had
> TWO connectors - the old one  (I cannot remember the version exactly)
> and a definition for the new one (1.1.0.6380). It seems that both of
> these definitions have the same connector type :
>
> Org.IdentityConnectors.ActiveDirectory.ActiveDirectoryConnector
>
> So now, when I imported the AD resource, there was an error - it seems
> that the query inside <connectorRef>, the <q:equal> query, returns two
> matches (since I have both the definitions).

This is correct, the search filter behaves exactly as you found out.

> So just to test this, I went to the object list and edited the
> Connector object (the new one) and just modified the connector type
> string a little. And then it worked.

Yes, that's roughly the upgrade method for connector. I believe we have
it also in wiki https://wiki.evolveum.com/display/midPoint/Connector+Upgrade

> Subsequently I manually deleted the old connector definition so there
> are no conflicts.
>
> I hope this clarifies your question..?

Yes, and no :) You did ok; I just didn't understand why you had to
change the connectorType to:
"<connectorType>Org.IdentityConnectors.ActiveDirectory.ActiveDirectoryConnector.1.1</connectorType>"

as you've written in your original post.

But as you just confirmed it worked, you've probably tested your new
(another) AD connector just fine.
(As far I understand it :-)

  Ing. Ivan Noris
  Consultant