[midPoint] New to midpoint, trying to figure out how things work

Ivan Noris ivan.noris at evolveum.com
Thu Jul 18 12:31:41 CEST 2013

Hi Salim,

On 07/18/2013 12:05 PM, Salim Boulkour wrote:

> Hi Ivan,
>
> I’ve been using Opera, and the green bar stating the success of the
> import didn’t show up, nor a orange or red one saying a problem occurred.
>
> I tried with Firefox and now have the detailed errors about the XML
> import J

Great, so this was/is opera problem. I'll check this browser support
status. Meanwhile please continue evaluating/testing with Firefox or
Chrome (these are the best).

> The advanced schema doesn’t work out of the box with OpenLDAP.
>
> Midpoint is looking for ‘ds-pwp-account-disabled’ wich is specific to
> OpenDS from what I understood. So I used values 0 and 1 in attribute
> ‘roomNumber’ to get rid of related errors.

Yes, that attribute is specific to OpenDS / OpenDJ to support account
activation/deactivation (enable/disable). I don't have OpenLDAP
configured right now, so just by googling I've found:

pwdAccountLockedTime: 000001010000Z

(the value above means account is locked, from
http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.network.openldap.general/40519)

To configure your resource, this *might* work:

   <capabilities xmlns:cap="http://midpoint.evolveum.com/xml/ns/public/resource/capabilities-2">
     	<configured>
             <cap:activation>
                 <cap:enableDisable>
                     <cap:attribute>ri:pwdAccountLockedTime</cap:attribute>
                     <cap:enableValue/>
                     <cap:disableValue>000001010000Z</cap:disableValue>
                 </cap:enableDisable>
             </cap:activation>
     	</configured>
     </capabilities>

But it is only a long shot, can't test it now. Anyway your test with
other attribute (roomNumber) should have already showed you how the
activation works. Please if the above example works, tell us. Also, if
it does not :)

> For short, thanks to your help, I managed to make it work !
>
> Next steps : roles, and role based provisioning.
>
> I might send some more questions later in the day ;)

Feel free to contact us :)
Thanks for the feedback.