[midPoint] New to midpoint, trying to figure out how things work

Ivan Noris ivan.noris at evolveum.com
Wed Jul 17 23:05:37 CEST 2013

Hi Salim,

the top right thing may be related to your browser (but this is just a
guess). In current trunk (2.2) midPoint I haven't seen this (but I
remember I have seen it some time ago). What browser is this?

But: after importing a resource, did you see a green/red bar above the
upload button (in the page body)? This should be the result, and it is
clickable to show some subresults. See attached screenshot.

But - if you see the resource in the RESOURCES page, with "?" icon, that
becomes green after clicking, the test connection is successfull and you
have imported it successfully.

To use "automatic" filling of the values, the sample you have imported
is "too basic" :-) It has no configuration for such things, you can only
manually fill the account attributes.

For more real-world example, please use the
"opendj-localhost-resource-sync-no-extension-advanced.xml" sample. This
sample is configured for both-way synchronization and provisioning, but
you don't need the synchronization for using the provisioning.

In this sample, the sn, cn, uid attributes are mapped to midPoint user
attributes and DN is constructed using midPoint name and
ou=people,dc=example,dc=com suffix (be sure to change if your suffix
differs). There are also some other attributes, but these are the
mandatory for directory servers.

You can see how the attributes are mapped in the sample, see
<schemaHandling> section and the LDAP attributes and their <outbound>
expressions. To understand it further, please see at least:

https://wiki.evolveum.com/display/midPoint/Mappings+and+Expressions

and pages referenced from there. But you should get an idea just by looking.

Good luck!

--
   Ing. Ivan Noris
   Consultant