[Midpoint-dev] run midpoint source code in IntelliJ

Richard Richter virgo at evolveum.com
Wed Apr 13 10:54:52 CEST 2022

Hi

There is a document here: [ https://docs.evolveum.com/midpoint/devel/guides/environment/idea/ | https://docs.evolveum.com/midpoint/devel/guides/environment/idea/ ]
But it is not totally updated, so you have to use your developer knowledge too.
Always refresh (reload) the top-level Maven project, not just GUI.
Provided deps are necessary to run the application, you're right there.

I don't know why the first section doesn't work - those are normal sources from infra/schema module, so that's strange.
The location of the generated classes changed recently and it was never automagically recognized in IDEA and have to be marked manually:

You definitely need to get rid of those red classes in editors, if IDEA can't build it, it can't run it.

Your run config seems fine, here's mine, I don't see any significant differences:

I hope this helps.

Richard Richter
midPoint developer