[Midpoint-dev] Support remote SSH on AD LDAP connector

Davy Priem davy.priem at vives.be
Sat Jan 11 14:58:48 UTC 2020

Hi,

I would normally make a jira issue for this, but seems I’m no longer allowed to do so (error 403 after clicking on create - tried firefox and safari). I have following improvement suggestion:

The current AD connector has currently some limitations (eg preventing a user to change his password directly on AD instead of using midpoint, exchange stuff,...) that can be bypassed by using powershell over winrm. Experience learns that troubleshooting this is quite difficult. (famous WinRM cannot process the request. that does not say anything). Since Windows Server 2019 it's also possible to use SSH for remote management (see https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-server/administration/openssh/openssh_install_firstuse)  You can even choose the default shell you get (cmd.exe, powershell and even bash). It would be nice if the connector would support ssh (like powerhell and keep connection open from a performance perspective) for resource scripting.

Best regards
Davy Priem