[Midpoint-dev] Reconfiguration of Evolveum mailing lists (DKIM)

Radovan Semancik radovan.semancik at evolveum.com
Tue Aug 25 17:40:08 CEST 2020

Dear community,

We are planning reconfiguration of our mailing lists to properly support
DomainKeys Identified Mail (DKIM). Up until now the mailing lists
messages used the address of original sender in "From" header and
included an original DKIM signature. However, message transformation
done by the mailing list processor invalidated the signature. This has
caused problems with delivering mailing list messages to systems that
strictly validate DKIM signatures.

Therefore in next few days we will reconfigure mailing list to use
mailing list address in "From" header and to re-create DKIM headers.
This change should be almost transparent to most mailing list users.
However, users that rely on "From" header (and possible other headers)
for mail filtering will need to update their filters.