[midPoint] Members of role in org as authorization object

Sven Feyerabend Sven.Feyerabend at stuvus.uni-stuttgart.de
Tue Jan 30 18:19:26 CET 2024

Hello everyone,

I currently have a system where privileged users can manage users and
roles in their org.

Now I have a situation, where two departments share a role, so their
admins are able to assign this shared role to users in their org.
This leads to a situation, where an admin cannot see users that have the
role assigned, but are not part of their own org.

Is there a way to select these users as objects in an authorization?
Basically, I need to select users that have a role assigned, which
belongs to an org the actor is a manager of, without them being members
of said org.
Simple roleRelation rules are not sufficient in this case, as the actor
does not necessarily have a direct relation to the role.
Similarly, orgRelation is insufficient since the subject does not have a
relation to the org of the admin.

I could use per-case authorizations which hard-code the names of the
roles I am dealing with, but I would like to avoid that, as it makes
dealing with this scenario less flexible.

Kind regards,

Sven

--
Sven Feyerabend