[midPoint] OpenLDAP - Cannot modify user UID or role CN

Ivan Noris ivan.noris at evolveum.com
Mon Jan 8 12:31:33 CET 2024

Hi Luca,

please check that your outbound mappings for uid (for accounts) and cn
(for groups) are weak. I think that should do the trick. DN will be
changed via the other mapping and changing uid or cn won't work because
it has been already changed by openLDAP internally. Weak mapping will
work only when the account is created (and there is no other value of uid).

See example in
https://github.com/Evolveum/midpoint-samples/blob/63de97c300aad96027cc082b403d4aed8236b713/samples/resources/openldap/openldap-localhost-medium.xml#L230

--

Best Regards,

*Ivan Noris* | Expert Identity Engineer

<https://evolveum.com/>
ivan.noris at evolveum.com | www.evolveum.com <http://www.evolveum.com/>

Evolveum at TIIME 2024 <https://tiime-unconference.eu/>

Evolveum LinkedIn <https://www.linkedin.com/company/evolveum> Evolveum
Twitter <https://twitter.com/evolveum> Evolveum Facebook
<https://www.facebook.com/evolveum>

Disclaimer: The contents of this e-mail and attachment(s) thereto are
confidential and intended for the named recipient(s) only. It shall not
attach any liability on the originator or Evolveum s.r.o. or its
affiliates. Any views or opinions presented in this email are solely
those of the author and may not necessarily reflect the opinions of
Evolveum s.r.o. or its affiliates. Any form of reproduction,
dissemination, copying, disclosure, modification, distribution and / or
publication of this message without the prior written consent of the
author of this e-mail is strictly prohibited. If you have received this
email in error please delete it and notify the sender immediately.