[midPoint] Live synchronization tasks in multidomain is not functioning properly

BHATNAGAR Deshak deshak.bhatnagar at thalesgroup.com
Fri Nov 24 11:17:12 CET 2023

THALES GROUP LIMITED DISTRIBUTION to email recipients

Hello midPoint community,

I am facing this issue when deploying the Active Directory connector in a multidomain environment i.e., connecting a single AD connector with multiple AD's at the same time:

In multidomain environment for Active Directory, live sync task is not working as expected. In this operation, it is observed that sometimes the child domain is synchronizing

the users of the parent domain or vice versa. In this scenario, all the users and groups are distinct.

I would like to know whether, above is the actual behavior of the multi-domain environment or it is something happening due to any mis-configuration on my side.

The setup was created as per the midPoint document: https://docs.evolveum.com/connectors/resources/active-directory/multidomain/

Can anyone help on this?

Kind regards,
Deshak Bhatnagar