[midPoint] Import and assignmentPolicyEnforcement=none

Yakov Revyakin yrevyakin at gmail.com
Tue May 16 11:05:12 CEST 2023

In the archetype assigned to the top org I have inducements of 2 resources.
They work fine when a new user comes to or goes from suborgs.

    <inducement>
        <construction>
            <!--Google-->
            <resourceRef oid="ca9a521f-16c1-4662-8f6f-0d6b01308a93"
relation="org:default" type="c:ResourceType"/>
            <kind>account</kind>
            <intent>default</intent>
        </construction>
        <order>3</order
        <focusType>UserType</focusType>
    </inducement>

    <inducement>
        <construction>
            <!--Keycloak-->
            <resourceRef oid="20299cc9-9cf6-47e0-ba45-66e9ede06ee3"
relation="org:default" type="c:ResourceType"/>
            <kind>account</kind>
            <intent>default</intent>
            <association>
                <ref>ri:group</ref>
                <outbound>
                    <expression>
                        <associationFromLink>
                            <projectionDiscriminator
xsi:type="c:ShadowDiscriminatorType">
                                <kind>entitlement</kind>
                                <intent>organization</intent>
                            </projectionDiscriminator>
                        </associationFromLink>
                    </expression>
                </outbound>
            </association>
        </construction>
        <order>3</order
        <focusType>UserType</focusType>
    </inducement>

Before importing existing accounts I change assignmentPolicyEnforcement
from full to none.
1) Importing Google accounts with import task doesn't demonstrate the
change in assignmentPolicyEnforcement. Midpoint tries to create a new
account and modify existing. Discovery works but this is not what I expect.
I'd like to see simply only existing accounts linked.
2) I can see that with Keycloak assignmentPolicyEnforcement=none works as
expected - Midpoint doesn't create new Keycloak accounts. But, if, for
example, during Google import a user already has a Keycloak account with a
group association Midpoint deletes existing group associations.

Strange behavior. Any ideas?
MP4.4.3

Yakov