[midPoint] Make a UserType attribute as immutable

Yakov Revyakin yrevyakin at gmail.com
Tue Aug 22 17:53:08 CEST 2023

Hi all,
I'd like to have the ability to read and add (during user creation)
UserType built-in 'employeeNumber' attribute and forbid it to modify.

I can't meat expected behavior with the following approach in user object
template:
   <item>
        <ref>employeeNumber</ref>
        <limitations>
            <layer>model</layer>
            <access>
                <read>true</read>
                <add>true</add>
                <modify>false</modify>
            </access>
        </limitations>
    </item>

It works if I use the presentation layer instead of model or schema, but I
want to make the attribute immutable if reconciliation wants to modify the
attribute.

Probably my understanding of this feature is wrong. Could you provide some
clarification on this?
Thanks,
Yakov