[midPoint] Object collection error "Resource not defined in a search query" when combining two resources.

Pavol Mederly mederly at evolveum.com
Thu Aug 17 11:05:15 CEST 2023

Hello Gary,

generally speaking, midPoint cannot join query results from two
different resources. It would have to issue two requests and then
somehow join the results. It's doable but extremely complex; think e.g.
about sorting or paging here.

The only case where this is theoretically supportable, is when fetching
the data from the repository. But even there it should be in the raw
mode (going directly to internal Repository API), as there are
additional implementation complications, e.g. that the objects will most
probably have different schemas.

That way or another, this is something that midPoint does not support. :)

--
Pavol Mederly
Software developer