[midPoint] 'ninja verify' reports "mapping" in objectTemplate is deprecated

Radovan Semancik radovan.semancik at evolveum.com
Thu Mar 14 09:49:31 CET 2019

Hi,

Indeed, the original plan was to remove <mapping> in object template.
For majority of cases there is a newer mechanism (<item>) which is also
more powerful. However, I have later realized that <item> will not work
for mappings that do not have a target, e.g. old-style validation
mappings. Therefore it is quite likely that <mapping> will get
un-deprecated in midPoint 4.0. One way or another, <mapping> mechanism
is still supported and there are currently no specific plans to remove
that element. But it is still strongly recommended to use <item>
mechanism whenever possible. We plan more improvements for validation
mechanism and it is still possible that <mapping> will be end its life
eventually when it is no longer needed.