[midPoint] Getting forwarded to port 80 from the web interface on port 8080?

Ramón Cahenzli ramon.cahenzli at zhdk.ch
Wed Feb 6 12:00:30 CET 2019

Hi everyone,

With Stacy's permission, here is her configuration. It worked for us,
the midPoint web interface no longer incorrectly redirects to port 80.

Settings in $MIDPOINT_HOME/application.yml:

server.address: 127.0.0.1
server.port: 8080
server.session.timeout: 60
server.use-forward-headers: true
server.tomcat.internal-proxies: 127.0.0.1

And the Apache virtual host:

<VirtualHost *:443>
	ServerName something.oregonstate.edu
	ServerAlias something-else.oregonstate.edu

	SSLEngine on

	RewriteEngine on
	RewriteRule ^/$ /midpoint/ [R,L]
	RewriteRule ^/midpoint$ /midpoint/ [R,L]

	ProxyPreserveHost on
	RequestHeader set X-Forwarded-Proto https
	RequestHeader set X-Forwarded-Port 443
	ProxyPass "/midpoint/" "http://localhost:8080/midpoint/"
	ProxyPassReverse "/midpoint/" "http://localhost:8080/midpoint/"
	# midPoint can be slow to respond, so we set the timeout to 10
	minutes
	ProxyTimeout 600

</VirtualHost>

We have closed port 80 on all midPoint instances and things work fine.

I hope this is useful to others as well.

Cheers,

--
—
—