[midPoint] No automatic self-healing after communication error with Resource?

Ivan Noris ivan.noris at evolveum.com
Tue Mar 27 11:15:10 CEST 2018

Hi Francis,

the self-healing is automatic:

- when reconciliation runs, /one/ of the phases is to push the
unfinished operations (just like you discovered)

- when midPoint fetches the data for the user from the resource and
detects unfinished changes, they will be finished at that time

There are, however, some issues/improvements tracked:

https://jira.evolveum.com/browse/MID-2827 (Task that retries unfinished
operations)

https://jira.evolveum.com/browse/MID-1346 (Full and Incremental
Reconciliation)

and some others. They are either planned for later midPoint versions or
waiting for customers that will need it as part of their subscriptions.

On 26.03.2018 09:46, Vermeulen Francis wrote:

> Hi,
>

> When I modify a User while the Resource is not reachable (comms error)
> I get an error message. When the Resource comes online again (‘Test
> connection’) it seems that there is no automatic discovery process to
> retry the failed modify operation automatically, i.e. without
> administrator manual action: I need to run a reconciliation task on
> the resource. The documentation however suggests that the self-healing
> should be automatic once it is detected that the Resource is online
> again. Did I misunderstand the documentation or is there something I
> need to configure for the self-healing to be automatic? I’m running
> version 3.7. Help greatly appreciated!
>

> Regards,
>
> Francis

Ivan Noris