[midPoint] Query User for Name Value

Sean R Penndorf srpenn at us.ibm.com
Wed Mar 7 15:29:29 CET 2018

That helps....gives me a few ideas to try out.
I think MID-3515 would be the best solution.

Thanks!!!

------------------
Sean Penndorf
SaaS Operational Services (SOS) - ID Management
IBM Cloud
srpenn at us.ibm.com
Office: 248-552-4791   TL  623-9966

From:   Ivan Noris <ivan.noris at evolveum.com>
To:     midpoint at lists.evolveum.com
Date:   03/07/2018 03:44 AM
Subject:        Re: [midPoint] Query User for Name Value
Sent by:        "midPoint" <midpoint-bounces at lists.evolveum.com>

Hi Sean,
I think currently we don't have feature like that. This are some thoughts
that I have:
- let the user enter the account name using self-service into some
extension attribute, that will be then used.
- maybe the value you want can be an assignment parameter for the
assignment which will create the technical account. Related jira issue:
https://jira.evolveum.com/browse/MID-3515
- completely custom GUI on your side, doing whatever, then calling
midPoint REST API to do provisioning
Of course, at the end, intents (or personas) will do the trick. But as you
said, they would expect to already have the value you want to provision
and if it's not possible to derive from the user data, there must be some
interaction.
Maybe there are other possibilities that I'm not aware of. In that case,
my coleagues or other members of this list may have other ideas.

If the jira issue referenced above makes sense for you, or if you need
something completely different, please consider a subscription:
https://wiki.evolveum.com/display/midPoint/I+Need+New+Feature