[midPoint] Populating outbound attribute mapping from other resources?

Pavol Mederly mederly at evolveum.com
Thu Jul 26 18:06:58 CEST 2018

Hello Stacy,

the midPoint architecture is quite strict in this respect: you have to
do the data transfer via the user object. (This quite old article
<https://wiki.evolveum.com/display/midPoint/Common+Data+Model> contains
a few words of explanation.)

We routinely use extension items
<https://wiki.evolveum.com/display/midPoint/Custom+Schema+Extension> to
do such transfers. If you do not need to search on the items' values,
make then unindexed (set indexed = false) and the performance and
storage overhead will be negligible.

Best regards,

Pavol Mederly
Software developer