[midPoint] No definition for 'manager' in user

Sean R Penndorf srpenn at us.ibm.com
Tue Jan 16 16:24:20 CET 2018

Hi Community,

Clearly, I'm missing something simple here....running Midpoint 3.7
I have an extended attribute "manager", it shows up in the GUI when
looking at User properties.
But I keep getting an error with my inbound mapping:  "No definition for
'manager' in user."
I've tried a number of variations in the inbound mapping, but I can't get
the field to populate.
Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

** Extended Attribute: **

<!-- This is a runtime schema that defines data types used in the
<extension> part of the objects. It is used in some built-in samples. -->
<xsd:schema elementFormDefault="qualified"
            targetNamespace="http://sos.ibm.com/xml/ns/sosSchema"
            xmlns:tns="http://sos.ibm.com/xml/ns/sosSchema"
            xmlns:a="http://prism.evolveum.com/xml/ns/public/annotation-3"
            xmlns:c="
http://midpoint.evolveum.com/xml/ns/public/common/common-3"

    <xsd:complexType name="UserExtensionType">
        <xsd:annotation>
            <xsd:appinfo>
                <a:extension ref="c:UserType"/>
            </xsd:appinfo>
        </xsd:annotation>
        <xsd:sequence>
            <xsd:element name="manager" type="xsd:string" minOccurs="0"
maxOccurs="1">
                <xsd:annotation>
                    <xsd:appinfo>
                        <a:indexed>true</a:indexed>
                        <a:displayName>manager</a:displayName>
                    </xsd:appinfo>
                </xsd:annotation>
            </xsd:element>
        </xsd:sequence>
    </xsd:complexType>
</xsd:schema>

** Inbound Mapping: **

         <attribute id="9">
            <c:ref>ri:manager</c:ref>
            <matchingRule xmlns:gen316="
http://prism.evolveum.com/xml/ns/public/matching-rule-3
">gen316:distinguishedName</matchingRule>
            <tolerant>true</tolerant>
            <exclusiveStrong>true</exclusiveStrong>
            <fetchStrategy>explicit</fetchStrategy>
            <inbound id="10">
               <authoritative>true</authoritative>
               <exclusive>true</exclusive>
               <strength>strong</strength>
               <expression>
                  <c:path xmlns:ext="http://sos.ibm.com/xml/ns/sosSchema"
                          xmlns:xsi="
http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"
 xsi:type="t:ItemPathType">$user/extension/ext:manager</c:path>
               </expression>
               <target>
                  <c:path xmlns:ext="http://sos.ibm.com/xml/ns/sosSchema
">ext:manager</c:path>
               </target>
            </inbound>
         </attribute>

Sean Penndorf
SaaS Operational Services (SOS) - ID Management
IBM Cloud
srpenn at us.ibm.com
Office: 248-552-4791   TL  623-9966